Sunday, December 16, 2012

Catching up on crochet: September to December



Working from home means I crochet a lot. Since we’ve been back in Ann Arbor, I’ve been as ambitious as time (and my carpal tunnels) has allowed. First on the list was this temair throw pattern. Normally, afghans look too stuffy or 1970s for me to consider spending 30+ hours on, but this one immediately appealed to me. It was a little tedious to piece it together, but I was more satisfied than not with the result. Not quite what the pattern picture promised, but close.


I asked my mom to pick some colors for a Christmas present, and she decided on green and cream. I did a reprisal of the granny stripe blanket.


This little pillow actually began in San Diego over the summer, but I couldn’t stuff it until we got back to Ann Arbor, because I had a whole unopened bag of stuffing waiting for me in our storage unit. No pattern, just single crochet.



Little Christmas presents have been coming together as well. Some fingerless gloves for one deserving recipient, and a granny square hat for someone who will look very cute in it, I’m sure.


I came across this bunch of flowers and searched in vain to locate a pattern that would produce something similar. I did my best to string together a line of popcorn stitches, but the effect wasn’t quite the same. Oh well. Close enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment